Preparation Time: 00:30
Reference: The Original Dish Blog
A simple marinated stone fruit caprese salad with buffalo mozzarella & herbs for a little of both sweet and savory.
- 1 1/2 lbs ripe stone fruit, pitted + sliced into wedges
- 1/2 lb sweet cherries, pitted + halved
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme (less for a more mild flavor)
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lbs buffalo mozzarella, torn into pieces (or fresh mozzarella, sliced)
- flaky sea salt (optional)
- Combine the stone fruit, cherries, red wine vinegar, olive oil, honey, basil, oregano and thyme in a mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Season with salt & cracked black pepper to taste. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Arrange the mozzarella onto a platter. Spoon the marinated stone fruit over top, along with a drizzle of the vinegar & olive oil.
- Garnish with any extra herbs, flaky sea salt and cracked black pepper.